HTFM...

Helene the Fighting Machine!!!

Hope 4 Helene


But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.

Isaiah 40:31

Sunday, January 16, 2011

"Life is Good"

Some of you may already know- but when I saw the oncologist on Friday he said that the tumors are stable and there are not any new ones detected!!!!!! This means that I do not have to go back on Taxol - the chemo drug with the nasty side effects!!!!! If my blood work continues to be good, I won't have to have a CAT scan for about 3 months. YEAH!!!! I will still continue on Avastin- a chemo drug- every 2 weeks, the "nasty boy" shots in my butt and a bone infusion drug monthly. The side effects of the Avastin is the tiredness but this is so much better than the Taxol. My hair is growing slowly, yet still curly and still no grays!

It was so nice sharing this news with Linda, my sister, and my friend Holly who came with me to the dr. I had the CAT scan on Monday and had to wait until Friday for the news. It is still sinking in that I am stable- (probably not mentally stable). I so appreciate all of your prayers, positive thoughts and good karma. I am not out of the woods, but I love this extended "chemocation."

xoxo,
HTFM

1 comment:

  1. This is great news Helene. You are always in my thoughts and prayers.

    Mary

    ReplyDelete