HTFM...

Helene the Fighting Machine!!!

Hope 4 Helene


But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.

Isaiah 40:31

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Wednesday 4-22-10

It is so nice to feel "normal." The last 2 days have just been regular days, but I was feeling ok and realize how lucky I am to have some normal days. I worked at COD and am fortunate to have friends there (and some retired- like Karen and Paula) that keep my spirits up. Judy and Barbra cheer on my students' successes with me and realize how important it is that I continue to work. I only have 2 more weeks this semester, a month off and then I am working on Wed. for 8 weeks. What a schedule!

Tomorrow Denise and I head out to Rush in Chicago to meet with another doctor to determine if I am on the right treatment regime. It has taken this long to get an appt. for a second opinion. Then Friday.....double whammy chemo- another 4-5 hour day. Thankfully Linda is still able to take me- yet I know I have many others that have volunteered to go with me.

Next Tue. I go in for a port and then a week from tomorrow I go in for a CAT scan to hopefully see that the tumors are shrinking. I can feel the one in my neck has gotten smaller...I swear!

Tried to go to Tyler's baseball game tonight but it was just too cold and I left after the 3rd inning. I did get to see him pitch and he did very well. I am questionable whether I can go to his tournament this weekend- depends on how I feel and what the weather is doing. I do enjoy seeing Tyler play and want to go to as many games as I can.

Once again, thanks to everyone for all of the support, prayers and positive energy.
xoxo,
HTFM

1 comment:

  1. Thought of you a lot today! I am glad you are feeling good!!!

    Sending positives ur way!!!

    ReplyDelete